– JNS was founded in 1974. With over 6,000 members in 2020, JNS is now a representative academic society in neuroscience in Japan.
– The 44th Annual Meeting, under the theme of “Towards Global Neuroscience”, provides a unique forum for researchers and members from all over the world who are contributing to the frontiers of neuroscience to gather in Kobe, Japan, and to create an opportunity to break barriers and make a better future in neuroscience research.
– English is an official language used at all sessions. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
– The Annual Meeting promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and having a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
– The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience.
– The Meeting will be held in Kobe Convention Center ( http://kobe-cc.jp/english/index.html ).
- Travel Award winners will receive a partial support (150,000 JPY) and a free accommodation in Kobe for 4 nights (from July 27th, a single room in a budget hotel).
- The meeting registration fee is waived.
- Travel Award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 27th (check-in) to 31st, (check-out; totally 4 nights) will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- “The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers” is a mandatory event. This meeting will be held on July 27th at around 17 o’clock. So please make sure to have sufficient time to travel from the airport to the venue.
- Persons who do not attend the Annual Meeting and do not make a presentation will have their award revoked.