Travel Awards for the 39th Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS)
Dear Dr Tadashi,
Thank you for your mail and the good policies and generosity of JNS. I shall announce the news and information to the right scientific societies websites and come back to you at the indicated date.
All the best
Saeed Semnanian MD PhD
Professor of Physiology
Tarbiat Modares University
Jalal Al Ahmad Highway
Telefax: 98 21 82884520
Dear Dr. Saeed Semnanian,
We hope this mail finds you well.
First of all, we would like to thank you for advertising the Travel Award for the Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS) in 2015. Thanks to your help, we had many high quality applicants from Iran. In addition to Travel Award winners, many students and faculty members participated the Annual Meeting.
Today, we are writing to ask you again regarding Travel Awards for the 39th Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS), which will be held at Pacifico Yokohama, in Yokohama, Kanagawa pref, Japan from July 20th to 22nd, 2016 (http://www.neuroscience2016.jnss.org/en). In addition to inviting applicants for the Travel Awards through our web sites, we have assigned certain slots of the grants to a few countries which have close relationship with Japan. As a Vice President of JNS in charge of international collaboration affairs (Tadashi Isa) and a President of the Annual Meeting in 2016 (Atsushi Iriki), we would like to ask if you could kindly select candidates for the Travel Awards from Iranian Neuroscience Society (INS).
We would appreciate it if you could widely advertise the Travel Awards, receive applications and select 2 awardees by December 4th, 2015, with an emphasis on young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows (please note this has changed from previous years). We would appreciate it if you could send us a list of the unselected applicants (just names and affiliations) as well. We will ask each awardee to go through the registration and send the abstract through our Annual Meeting web site.
Here is some more information regarding the Travel Awards and the Annual Meeting:
- JNS was founded in 1974. With more than 6,000 members in 2015, JNS is now a representative academic society in neuroscience in Japan.
- The 39th Annual Meeting, under the theme of "be sound, brain and mind", provides a unique opportunity to forge closer links between researchers in different fields and to develop next-generation neuroscientists endowed with a wide perspective.
- English is an official language used at all sessions. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
- The Annual Meeting promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and providing a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
- The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience.
- The Meeting will be held in Pacifico Yokohama. Haneda (Tokyo International) and Narita International Airports are close and convenient to the venue.
- Travel Award winners will receive a partial support for traveling expenses (150,000 JPY) and a free accommodation in Yokohama for 4 nights (from July 19th, a single room in a budget hotel).
- The meeting registration fee is waived.
- Travel Award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Travel Award winners are also invited to a reception during the Annual Meeting.
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 19th (check-in) to 23rd (check-out; totally 4 nights) will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- "The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers" is a mandatory event.
This meeting will be held the day before the Annual Meeting at around 17 o'clock. So please make sure to have sufficient time to travel from the near airport to the venue.
- Persons who do not attend the entire Annual Meeting will have their award revoked.
Thank you very much in advance for your kind consideration and help.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Tadashi Isa, M.D., Ph.D.
JNS in charge of international collaboration affairs Professor National
Institute for Physiological Sciences
Atsushi Irikii, D.D.S, Ph.D., D.M.Sc.
The 39th Annual Meeting of JNS
Senior Team Leader
RIKEN Brain Science Institute