Dr. Saeed Semnanian
Professor of Physiology
Tarbiat Modares University
We would appreciate if you could widely advertise the Travel Awards, receiveapplications and select 2 awards by January 7, 2015. Young researchers, such as postdoctoral fellows, senior graduate students, and junior faculty members, are eligible for this Award. We would appreciate if you could send us a list of the unselected applicants (just names and affiliations) as well. We will ask each award to go through the registration and send the abstract through our Annual Meeting web site.
Here's some more information regarding the Travel Awards and the Annual Meeting:
- JNS was founded in 1974. With more than 6,000 members in 2014, JNS is now a representative academic society in neuroscience in Japan.
- The 38th Annual Meeting, under the theme of "Back to Basics for Future Neuroscience," provides a unique opportunity to forge closer links between researchers in different fields and to develop next-generation neuroscientists endowed with a wide perspective.
- All the sessions there are held in English. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
- The Annual Meeting promotes interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and providing a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
- The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including
- The Meeting will be held in Kobe Port Island, which is close to Kansai International Airport
- Travel Award winners will receive a partial support for traveling expenses (160,000 JPY) and a free accommodation in Kobe for 4 nights (from July 27th, a single room in a business hotel).
- The meeting registration fee is waived.
- Travel Award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party on the day before the Annual Meeting to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan.
- Travel Award winners are also invited to a reception during the Annual Meeting.
- Recipients will receive the award at the meeting venue in Japanese yen.
- Accommodation at a designated hotel from July 27th to 31th will only be covered. Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights.
- "The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers" is a mandatory event.
- Persons who do not attend the entire Annual Meeting will have their award revoked.